This 10-hour course covers specific OSHA standards, including Walking-working surfaces, ergonomics, exit routes, fire protection, electrical, hazard communication and other OSHA compliance regulations. OSHA Training Institute will issue course completion cards to each student.|
You will learn:
- How to locate and apply OSHA safety and health standards, policies, and procedures
- Understand your employee/employer rights and responsibilities
- Recognize common violations of OSHA standards, propose abatement actions and how to prevent job-related hazards
- Describe appropriate procedures for selected safety hazards
Who should attend: Employees, supervisors, foremen, human relations managers, plant managers, occupational health nurses, and safety supervisors.
Continuing Education Units:
- Introduction (Subpart A) Receive an overview of the OSH Act and the general industry standards, including the general duty clause, inspections, citations, and penalties.
- Electrical (Subpart S) Learn how to apply OSHA safety and health standards, policies, and procedures.
- Egress and Fire Protection (Subpart E) Learn the egress requirements and how to establish an evacuation plan. Basic fire protection requirements will also be discussed.
- Hazardous Materials (Subpart H) Learn the general requirements regarding compressed gases, flammable and combustible liquids.
- Personal Protective Equipment (Subpart I) Learn the general requirements for eye, face, respiratory, head and foot protection, and how to select proper personal protective equipment.
- Machinery and Machine Guarding (Subpart O) Learn the general requirements for all machines, including the control of unintended energy release.
- Walking-Working Surfaces (Subpart D) Learn the general requirements intended to combat slips, trips, and falls.
- Material Handling (Subpart N) Learn the general requirements that pertain to forklift operations and manual lifting.
- Hazard Communications (Subpart Z) Learn how to prepare a written program, comply with the labeling provisions, inventory hazardous materials in the workplace, secure material safety data sheets (MSDS), and maintain a well-documented employee training program.
1.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and 10 contact hours.
This course will be held at the South Dakota Safety Council located at 1108 N West Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Members: $285.00 + tax
Nonmembers: $345.00 + tax
Cancellation & Substitution Policy:
Pre-registration and payment at the time of registration are required. Cancellations received prior to 3 business days of the event will receive a full refund or issued credit towards an upcoming class to be used within 90 days. Cancellations received less than 3 business days of the event date will receive a credit for the entire fee to be used within 90 days. If not used, this credit will be forfeited. This policy will be enforced without exception. No refunds will be made on uncancelled registrations or no-shows. Substitutions are accepted at any time. We reserve the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment, or other circumstances which would make the event nonviable. If we cancel an event, registrants will be given a full refund.
Length: Ten hours|
Already offered this term; next scheduled offering to be announced.