This one and a half day 10-hour course from the OSHA Training Institute is designed for private sector personnel who are interested in developing safety and health programs in the construction industry. Special emphasis is placed upon those areas in construction that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. OSHA Training Institute will issue course completion cards to each student.|
You will learn:
- How to locate and apply OSHA safety and health standards, policies and procedures
- How to utilize OSHA standards and regulations to supplement an ongoing safety and health program
- How to identify common violations of OSHA standards and propose abatement actions
- How to describe appropriate abatement procedures for selected safety hazards
- How to conduct effective internal training on OSHA regulations
Who should attend:
The OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety course from the OSHA Training Institute is designed for personnel in the private sector interested in developing safety and health programs in the construction industry. Special emphasis is placed upon those areas in construction that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide.
Continuing Education Units:
- Introduction (Subpart A, B, C, D)
- Overview of the OSH Act and the General Safety and Health Provisions and Occupational Health and Environmental Controls
- Basic safety requirements,
- Common citations and
- Abatement guidelines for:
- Personal Protective Equipment (Subpart E)
- Fire Protection and Prevention (Subpart F)
- Materials Handling, Storage,
- Use and Disposal (Subpart H)
- Tools - Hand and Power (Subpart I)
- Electrical (Subpart K)
- Scaffolding (Subpart L)
- Stairways and Ladders (Subpart X)
The OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety course is the same course that is offered at OSHA's Training Institute in Des Plaines, Illinois. Upon completion of the 10-hour course, attendees will receive credentials from OSHA recognizing their successful completion of the 10-hour course and 1.0 continuing education units (CEUs). Attendance at all 10 hours is required for OSHA accreditation.
Members: $335.00 + tax
Nonmembers: $385.00 + tax
Cancellation & Substitution Policy:
Pre-registration and payment at the time of registration are required. Cancellations received prior to 3 business days of the event will receive a full refund or issued credit towards an upcoming class to be used within 90 days. Cancellations received less than 3 business days of the event date will receive a credit for the entire fee to be used within 90 days. If not used, this credit will be forfeited. This policy will be enforced without exception. No refunds will be made on uncancelled registrations or no-shows. Substitutions are accepted at any time. We reserve the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment, or other circumstances which would make the event nonviable. If we cancel an event, registrants will be given a full refund.
Length: One and a half day|
Already offered this term; next scheduled offering to be announced.