OSHA requires a competent person to be present during most trenching and excavating activities (29 CFR 1926.650-652). The competent person must be familiar with choosing a soil type, choosing and properly installing a protective system, and ensuring other hazards in or near the trenching or excavating project are properly controlled. This program is designed to provide attendees with the knowledge required to meet the OSHA Competent Person requirements and includes:|
- Understanding the OSHA standard Subpart P
- Understanding the requirements and methods for properly analyzing soil
- Understanding and choosing the right protective system
- Understanding how to plan for excavation work
- Understanding other applicable OSHA standards
This course will be held at the South Dakota Safety Council located at 1108 N West Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Pre-registration and payment are required. Hopefully you won't need to cancel, but if you do, please do so at least three business days prior to the course for a full refund. No refunds will be made after three business days prior to the course. This policy will be enforced, so please plan ahead if you need to cancel your attendance.
Members: $155.00 + tax
Nonmembers: $205.00 + tax
Length: Full day|
Already offered this term; next scheduled offering to be announced.