Teen Driver Education Course
Not being offered at this time.
The Teen Driver Education Course is a defensive driving crash-avoidance program. It is offered to young adults and is designed to reduce or prevent injuries and collisions. The goal is to help teenagers drive "smarter" — increasing their knowledge and influencing their attitudes — in order to save lives. In the three courses the participants receive 10 hours of classroom instruction and six hours of individualized behind-the-wheel coaching:
- Participants must complete Rules of the Road and Defensive Driving (in any order), and have a learner's permit before proceeding to the behind-the-wheel portion of our program.
- Winter Driving Skills is offered October and March. It is highly recommended that participants who attend classes in the spring and summer return in October or March for this class (included in the cost of the program).
- Participants receive individualized coaching during drive time. We are flexible; once you obtain your learner's permit from the DMV, call to schedule your behind-the-wheel training at a time that's convenient for you. We will even pick you up and return you right to your door if you are within the Sioux Falls city limits!
- Our program runs year-round. All classes are held at our office in Sioux Falls. Behind-the-wheel schedule dependent on safe weather conditions.
- Please remember this class does not reduce the 180-day waiting period to 90 days. Also be aware that after class and behind-the-wheel completion you will need to schedule a drive test with the Department of Motor Vehicles (605-362-2746) to move from the learner's permit to the restricted license.
Traffic Safety Fact Sheets